How to Reduce the Stress in Your Life
8th-11th November 2018
Hotel Aleysa Boutique & Spa
Nowadays we all lead busy, hectic lives which often include multi-tasking at work and home whilst also trying to achieve a work-life balance. Simple, practical stress reduction techniques can not only help you feel better each day but can also reduce the impact that stress may be having on your health.
Best-selling author Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD is a leading nutritionist specialising in women’s healthcare. Many of her books discuss stress and how to reduce it, naturally. Why reduce it and not banish it for good? Come to this retreat and you will find out why!
Is this retreat for you? It is if:
– You are worried about the amount of stress in your life and how it is affecting your health
– You are a busy mum juggling the family and work
– Maybe you’re one of the sandwich generation of women balancing work with childcare and looking after elderly parents
– You may have come through a divorce or a traumatic experience and now want to get your life back on track
During this retreat you will discover:
– Practical, day-to-day tips for reducing and controlling the stress in your life
– How stress causes mood swings, skin problems, sleep disturbances, fatigue, digestive problems, headaches, hormonal problems, muscle pains and cramps
– Why stress can make you prone to infections and even increase your risk of cancer
– The surprising fact that how and when you eat can be making you feel more stressed than you should be
– What vitamins, minerals and herbs to take to help you cope better when stressed
– How stress makes you put on weight around the middle, changes your appetite and leads to cravings
– Why stress can affect your female hormone balance and result in period problems, PMS, fertility and increased symptoms at the perimenopause and menopause and what to do about it
– Stress can affect your memory, concentration, focus and decision-making abilities not only at work, but in your daily life
– Why exercise is helpful for reducing stress
– some stress – surprisingly – can be good for you!
– How you can be tested to see how stressed you are
No matter what age you are, you can be affected by stress and, unfortunately, it has a bigger impact on women than men. If you are one of those women for whom there is no “me time” then join us and find out how to regain control of your life and your health, naturally.
– Rooms will be ready to check in from 3pm but why not arrive early and start enjoying all the amazing sports and leisure facilities on offer?
– Early evening welcome meeting and dinner in the gourmet restaurant
– Kick start your day with a yoga or Pilates lesson in the beachfront garden
– Join Dr Glenville for a half-day seminar on How to Reduce the Stress in Your Life
– The rest of the day is yours to spend relaxing by the heated pool or trying out the hotel’s unlimited spa facilities including spa pool with waterfalls
– If you feel like exploring, grab a free bike and visit the lively marina in Benalmadena
– How will you start the day? With a workout, a swim or a yoga lesson?
– Half day seminar on How to Reduce the Stress in Your Life with Marilyn
– Informal, fun and interactive food demo hosted by the Glenville Nutrition team
– Feeling peckish? Pop into town and try out some of the area’s varied gastronomy
– If you’d rather relax, have a pampering face or body treatment in the luxurious spa
– Departure – unless you choose to extend your stay
– Rooms to be vacated by noon but please feel free to stay all day and use the facilities
Running order may be subject to change
Depending upon availability you may be able to book a private, one-to-one consultation with Dr Glenville or one of her team which will take place at some point during the Wellbeing Retreat. There is always a high demand for these appointments which are booked on a first come, first served basis and are subject to an additional cost.
Please enquire with Glenville Customer Services by emailing
email@example.com and advising her of the retreat that you are attending.